back to meetings
December 16th 2014 Meeting Notes
Chair went through history of the organization
Chair let us know status of mutual benefit non-profit.
- $608.30 in the bank.
- This includes Vaco’s $500 Sponsorship (Holiday Party)
- DOES NOT include:
- GiveCamp Sponsor Check (Swanson has)
- TechCamp Ticket Sales ($440.64)
- We Owe Eventbrite $80.64
We are retroactively a 501c3 from the moment we incorporated.
- April 24, 2014 (date we became a Mutual Benefit Non-Profit)
- Can’t give directly to other events, but can pay for various things (on paper, becomes an MTF event)
- Will file for or revise this by Friday, Dec. 19, 2014
Chairs read the Bylaws, Bylaws were discussed. Joe Ferguson Moved to vote on Bylaws and Brian Swanson seconded and put Bylaws to a vote. The Board voted to ratify.
Brian Swanson moved to remove Dan Hess from the Board. Bryan Robinson seconded the motion. The Board voted to remove.
The Board discussed the Mission and Purpose of MTF.
- Facilitating events
- Attending events (board member at all user groups)
- Sponsorship of events
- Goal of raising $100,000
- Connect with other groups in the city
- Crews Center
- Start Co.
- Board Members should be involved in events we’re not a part of
- City Subcouncils
- If we put together a budget, find spot for mentorship and meetings (coworking space)
Discussion of committees/responsibilities
- Committee Chair: Joe Ferguson
- Committee Chair: Bryan Robinson
- Committee Chair: Brian Swanson
Code of Conduct
- Committee Chair: Brad Montgomery
- Find MTF Code to adopt
- Lead charge for making sure and helping events adopt code of conduct
- Committee Chair: Claudio Donndelinger
- Person to check in with when attending
- Person that checks in with usergroups
- Collect news from user groups
- Send news to user groups
- Slid.es account
- Bryan Robinson and Joe Ferguson
- Monthly minimum
Other Orgs help to reach out to
- B-Sides (Daniel)
- CreativeWorks (Brob)
- IndieMemphis (Swanson)
- Black Girls Code (Daniel)
- Justin Geeslin’s STEM/CSEd (Joe)
- SQL Saturday from the SQL User group (Swanson)
- Memphis Area GIS (Brad)
- PyLadies (Brad Montgomery)
- Investigate PM Tool
Ratify the Bylaws
Dan Hess' Board status
Charter amendments of stated purpose for 501(c)3